Showing all editions for 'Classics of philosophy' Sort by: Format; All Formats (17) Book (2) Print book (15). Date / Edition Publication; 1. Classics of philosophy: 1. Classics of philosophy. By Louis Pojman; Lewis Vaughn. Classics of philosophy: 2. Classics of philosophy. By Louis P Pojman; Lewis Vaughn; Print book: English.
- For the third edition there is new text design and revised further reading make this the ideal book for all students, while three new chapters on Nietzsche’s Beyond Good and Evil, Russell’s The Problems of Philosophy and Sartre’s Existentialism and Humanism mean that all the A Level set texts are covered.
- Classics of Philosophy, 2/e, provides an extensive view of the most significant stages of growth in Western philosophy, including its birth with the Pre-Socratics as well as its contemporary developments. The second edition includes new selections by Augustine, Berkeley, Hume, Wollstonecraft, Nagel,.
- AiR-Atman in Ravi Philosophy. Rating: Rated: 1 times. Format: PDF, ePub, Kindle, TXT. Published: Nov 2020. 100 Diamond Quotes is a unique book. It is worth its weight in gold. It carries a treasure of a 100 Quotes written by AiR, each more precious than the exotic gems in a.
Classics Of Philosophy 3rd Edition Pdf Download Full
Classic Philosophy Books
Incorporating the insights of new coeditor Lewis Vaughn, Classics of Philosophy, Third Edition, is the most comprehensive anthology of writings in Western philosophy in print. Spanning 2,500 years of thought, it is ideal for introduction to philosophy and history of philosophy courses. It features more than seventy selections by forty philosophers--along with fragments from the Pre-Socratics--offering students and instructors an extensive and economical collection of the major works of the Western tradition. This volume contains the most important writings from Thales to Rawls; twenty of these are complete works, while the others are judiciously abridged so that little of value to the student is lost. A lucid introduction, including a brief biographical sketch,accompanies each of the featured philosophers.
NEW TO THE THIRD EDITION:
* Selections from philosophers who were not included in the previous edition--Maimonides (Guide for the Perplexed) and Schopenhauer (The World as Will and Representation)--along with Kant's Critique of Pure Reason
* Expanded readings: Aristotle's Posterior Analytics, On the Soul, Metaphysics, and Nicomachean Ethics; Berkeley's Of the Principles of Human Knowledge; and Hume's Treatise on Human Nature
* Review questions for each chapter and illustrated portraits of many philosophers
* A Companion Website featuring resources for students (self-quizzes, flash cards, chapter review questions, a timeline, and helpful web links) and instructors (brief readingsummaries, essay questions, test questions, and PowerPoint-based lecture slides)
Classics of Philosophy, Third Edition, provides students with an extensive view of the major stages of growth in Western philosophy--including its birth with the Pre-Socratics and its contemporary developments--in an accessible format and at an affordable price.