SONY Xperia Z1 Android phone can now be rooted and installed with the CWM recovery image so that you can then make use of the tons of custom ROM firmwares for better user experience. So for all those users who have recently updated their smartphones with 14.3.A.0.757 can make use of this guide. There are many custom ROM firmwares which are available which are based on the Kitkat 4.4.2 android firmware which can only be applied after rooting the device. Before heading to the detailed guide which will help you root the device and install the custom recovery image, you need to first follow the list of quick pre requisites and then the detailed guide for rooting and installing recovery image.
A window to your Android. All your moments on your TV. One size fits all Windows drivers for Android Debug Bridge.
Please Like This Video & Subscribe Our Channel for More Videos!! Navigate CWM recovery “wipe data/factory resetYes – Wipe all user data”. Second wipe cache. Go to “wipe cache partitionYes- Wipe Cache”. Now it is time to install the copied zip files. First we need to install the ROM zip file, then install other files. Go to “install zipchoose zip from sdcard”. Manually Flashing Through ClockworkMod Recovery The Hard Way This method is less safe, relatively difficult and is not guaranteed to work for everyone. It is also free. Step 1: Download the.zip file of ClockworkMod Touch Recovery from here Official Website. Transfer it directly under /sdcard on your device’s storage. Step 2: Turn off.
Quick Pre Requisites:
Cwm Recovery Download Free
- Though, all your data might just be safe. It’s always recommended for you to back up the data so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored manually with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the SONY PC companion.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your SONY XPERIA Z1 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 50% of battery life or else the device may get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your XPERIA Z1 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
- Make sure that you have unlocked the boot loader from SONY’s official website and then you also need to download the Android ADB Tools along with the Fastboot drivers.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you to root the device and install the custom recovery image.
Procedure to Install CWM Recovery image in SONY Xperia Z1:
- Download CWM Kernel image from here to your computer and extract the same to rename the file as boot.img.
- Place the downloaded boot.img file in the Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder that you created using our ADB & Fastboot Quick Setup Guide.
- Up next you need to place the renamed boot.img file in the Fastboot folder or in the platform-tools folder.
- Open the folder where you placed the boot.img file. E.g Minimal ADB & Fastbootor Fastboot or Platform Tools.
- Now, press and hold the shift key + right click on the empty area to click on “Open command window here” and then turn off your phone.
- Press Volume up key and while keeping it pressed, you need to plug in the USB cable after which you will see the notification light which will mean that your device has been successfully entered in the fastboot mode.
- In the command prompt, you need to enter the below mentioned command;
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After entering the above command, you need to enter the device in the CWM recovery by entering the device in the below mentioned command;
- Now, reboot your device and then you will see the SONY logo to see the pink LED color, press Volume up key and choose to enter the device in the recovery mode.
So let’s head over to the next step which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root SONY Xperia Z1:
- Download Superuser SU and place the downloaded zip file in your device by connecting the device with the computer using original USB cable.
- Up next you need to boot the device in the CWM which can be done by restarting the device and press Volume Up key
- Once the device boots in the CWM mode, you need to select “Install Zip > Choose zip from SD Card > Select Superuser SU.ZIP > Yes” which will flash the Superuser zip file which will root the device.
Note: If at all your SONY XPERIA Z1 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can long press the power button.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting by following the above instructions from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will be more than happy to help you out.